Teeth Whitening in Murrieta, CA
Over time, your teeth can go from white to not-so-bright for several reasons:
- Food and Drink: Coffee, tea, and red wine are some major staining culprits. What do they have in common? Intense color pigments, called chromogens, attach to your tooth’s white outer part (enamel).
- Tobacco Use: Two chemicals found in tobacco create stubborn stains: Tar and nicotine. Tar is naturally dark. Nicotine is colorless until it’s mixed with oxygen. Then, it turns into a yellowish, surface-staining substance.
- Age: Below the hard, white outer shell of your teeth is a softer area called dentin. Over time, the outer enamel layer gets thinner with brushing, and more of the yellowish dentin shows through.
- Trauma: If you’ve been hit in the mouth, your tooth may change color because it reacts to an injury by laying down more dentin, a darker layer under the enamel.
- Medications: Tooth darkening can be a side effect of certain antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medications. Young children exposed to antibiotics like tetracycline and doxycycline when their teeth are forming (either in the womb or as a baby) may have discoloration of their adult teeth later in life. Chemotherapy and head and neck radiation can also darken teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, several cosmetic dentistry treatments are available to improve the look of your smile, including professional teeth whitening. While you can certainly try over-the-counter products first, what you may find is that the results don’t live up to your expectations. With teeth whitening from StarWhite Dental, you’ll see the impressive results you crave and enjoy a more youthful appearance.
The main benefit of this procedure is the improvement in the appearance of your smile. In just a single in-office session, you could see up to eight shades of whitening, eliminating years of staining in about 45 minutes. With proper care, results could last up to 24 months, and you’ll enjoy a brighter smile indefinitely with touch-ups.
In addition, improving your smile’s appearance can help boost your confidence and social life. Do you hide your smile behind your hand or keep your mouth closed because you’re embarrassed by yellow or stained teeth? With professional teeth whitening, you’ll be proud to flash your radiant smile and display your friendly personality, improving social interactions.
Teeth whitening is one of the easiest and fastest ways to update your smile, restore a youthful appearance, and boost your confidence. It’s also an affordable alternative to other cosmetic procedures meant to help you look younger, like plastic surgery. With instant results and long-term benefits, there’s no reason not to schedule an appointment for teeth whitening with the talented team at StarWhite Dental.
Zoom Whitening At StarWhite Dental
- Get your teeth noticeably whiter with Phillips Zoom whitening system. Results with Zoom can be highly successful, and many patients see up to 8 shades of whiter teeth in just 45 minutes.
- Come in and ask about our free whitening for life program.
What Are All-On-4 Dental Implants? All-On-4 (known as revitalizing or same-day teeth) is an immediate..
When you come to StarWhite Dental for dental bonding near you, you know that you..
What Are Dental Fillings? To treat a cavity, your dentist will remove the decayed portion..
What is a Dental Implant? A Dental implant is a replacement tooth made of a..
Emergencies can happen at any time, including dental emergencies. Our emergency dentists will help you..
At StarWhite Dental, the last thing we want is for our patients to be in..
Even at routine dental appointments, our dentists know every patient has unique needs. We will..
When you come to our dentists for tooth extractions near you, you know that your..
Gum recession is a relatively common dental problem that mainly affects adults, and it often..
Gum disease can cause significant and lasting damage to your soft tissue and teeth if..
A key aspect of oral care is looking for signs of developing problems. Oral cancer..
At StarWhite Dental, we have a highly trained oral surgeon on staff to help with..
Although we believe the all-on-four procedure is the best way to replace missing or hopeless..
What is Periodontics? At StarWhite Dental, our specialized team of dental professionals is capable of..
What Are Root Canals? At StarWhite Dental, we have an endodontist on our team to..
WHAT ARE CROWNS AND BRIDGES? Both crowns and most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. Unlike..
If you are avoiding orthodontics because you can’t stand the thought of wearing braces and..
When you or your child need dental sealants in Murrieta, CA, we urge you to..
What Are Dental Veneers? Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are..
Is Sedation Dentistry Right For You? Many patients are curious about sedation dentistry and whether..
Full mouth reconstruction typically involves general or restorative dentists (performing procedures like crowns, bridges, and..
Gum Grafts A gum graft protects your teeth from the damaging effects of gum recession..
Our dentists near you know how important your time is to you. That’s why we..
Do you hide your smile during pictures? Maybe your once pearly whites are discolored or..
If you’ve been told that you need to have one or more of your wisdom..