WHAT ARE ALL-ON-4® DENTAL IMPLANTS?
All-On-Four (otherwise known as revitalize, or same day teeth), is an immediate solution for complete upper or lower tooth replacement that is as close to your natural teeth as possible. Today’s state-of-the-art implant systems enable a minimum number of implants to support a maximum number of teeth. That means as few as four implants can be used to support a full arch (upper or lower jaw) of fixed, non-removable replacement teeth. And this remarkable life-changing event can be accomplished in a single day!
With All-on-Four, chewing power increases from 10% with dentures and about 35% with snap-in dentures, to about 80% of normal power. For most patients this means being able to eat WHATEVER they want!
- Consultation, 3D Scan and Diagnostics: Dr. Hendry, Dr. Brown, Dr. Papworth will meet with you to discuss the goals for your mouth and smile and craft the plan that will work best for your personal situation. They will also take a 3D scan of your teeth, jaw, and gums in order to make a custom plan for your mouth.
- Planning: Using computer simulation, the implants are digitally positioned in the jawbones in appropriate locations to optimally support the replacement teeth. This also allows for the fabrication of a surgical template if needed.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: Surgery can be done simultaneously including tooth extractions, bone shaping, and implant placement. Skill, experience and meticulous planning are needed, particularly if the person has had significant bone loss. Dr. Hendry will do the surgery and have significant experience with the All-on-Four procedure. In fact they both lecture on the subject and have trained hundreds of dentists the proper way to complete the All-on-Four surgery.
- Temporary Teeth: Temporary acrylic replacement teeth are attached directly to the implants via abutments — connectors that allow solid attachment to the implants. These teeth are considered temporary and are needed to facilitate initial healing; they will later be removed and replaced with permanent ones.
- Healing: The temporary teeth stay in the mouth approximately 3 months until healing is completed. During the first 6-8 weeks of healing, it’s a good idea to “go easy” on the new teeth, avoiding chewy or tough foods. Because implant surgery is very precise and well-planned, people generally have little post-operative discomfort and begin functioning with their new temporary teeth almost immediately.
- Permanent Teeth: When the process of osseo-integration is completed (osseo-integration is the process of the implants fusing to the bone), the dentist removes the temporary teeth replacing them with the permanent ones. They are generally made of stronger, more durable materials and fit the healed gum tissues more precisely. The new permanent teeth will function just like natural teeth and look beautiful, too!
The StarWhite Dental Difference: Dr. Hendry have extensive experience with the All-on-Four procedure. They both lecture extensively on the topic and between the two of them have trained hundreds of dentists on how to complete this technique correctly.